Toxins, Toxins, Toxins! We hear about toxins, and detoxing all of the time. But, what exactly are the toxins that are causing us to be sick? And more importantly, what can we do about it, to help us live healthier and happier lives?
Why to Rid Toxins & Poisons
Not only are there harmful toxins, there are also deadly poisons that are making us sick, tired, bloated and just worn out. The scary thing is- we’re being exposed to these toxins and poisons on a daily basis without even knowing it. From outside pollutants to everyday products- toxins and poisons surround us. I want to tell you how you can get rid of these deadly substances. But, first I want to tell you about some toxins and poisons you may not even be aware of.
Everyday Toxins and Poisons that you’re not aware of
Carcinogens are everyday toxins that can be simple as your shampoo or body lotion. For example, Shampoo has a substance known as Sodium Laureth Sulfate or SLS. This chemical is known to cause skin rashes, eye irritation, and allergic reactions.
Mercury is known to cause problems like depressions, insomnia, memory loss and irritability. Mercury can cause a myriad of other problems like poor cardiovascular health, allergies, joint pain and more. It’s know that fish has high levels of mercury, but cosmetics are also linked to mercury that can be detrimental to your health.
The list can go on and on. Every day poisons can include simple things cleaning products, over the counter medicines, processed foods and much more. It may be hard to determine which products can contain toxins, because clever marketing companies disguise the ingredients with fancy names. So, just to be on the safe side you should begin with a regimen of flushing toxins and poisons out of your system. In addition to starting a new detox regimen, you should also be on the look out for natural alternatives. Here are a few simple things you can start doing today to rid your body of those deadly toxins and poisons.
1. Flush Toxins with Water - I know in every article on detox you read, it tells you to drink water. It’s very repetitive, because it’s important and essential for your body to get rid of toxins. If you don’t drink an adequate amount of water, toxins will be stored in your kidneys. This can cause a myriad of health problems, from kidney stones, to poor health. When you drink a great amount of water it helps with digestion, absorption and circulation. Drinking water also helps keep you hydrated throughout the day.
2. Herbal Diets – Herbs have been used for centuries, because they have many healing benefits. It’s noted that they also have great detoxifying benefits. Even though there are many herbs, some of the most popular for detoxing include Turmeric, Alfalfa, and Cilantro.
Turmeric is known to help promote the livers natural ability to remove toxins.
Alfalfa is known for its ability to eliminate carbon dioxide from the body.
Cilantro is known for eliminating mercury
3. Juice Fast - Take a lot of healthy vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli, and other vegetables. Juicing helps give your digestive system a break from breaking down food, and is a great way to get rid of toxins naturally.
4. Use Non- Toxic Products - There are a lot of cleaning products on the market that are filled with toxins and poisons. Luckily, some great companies have taken notice and now are creating natural products that don’t have harmful effects. You can also create your own natural products by using household items like baking soda, lemon, vinegar and water.
5. Detox, Detox, Detox! – There are so many ways to detox. You can go to a sauna, or exercise to sweat out toxins. Perhaps you want to try a new detox cleanse? There are liver cleanses, colon cleanses, and cleanses specifically designed for eliminating poisons. No matter which detox regimen you choose, you will be flushing toxins and poisons out of your body!
Unfortunately, we are always going to be susceptible to toxins and poisons because of our environments. However, we can decrease the amount of toxins and poisons that we put into our body, by following a detox program, and continually flush toxins out of our bodies.