In the first article you learned that your liver is one of your most vital organs and it plays an essential role to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The job of your liver is to filter out all the bad particles from your body. However, external factors such as smoking, poor diet, and pollutants can affect your liver and hinder its ability to perform its job. That’s why it is important to detox your liver on a regular basis.
Why detox your liver?
When you detox your liver, you are releasing all the bad toxins from your bloodstream. These are the toxins that make you feel sluggish, tired and fatigued. While there are many ways to detox your liver, I want to share 3 simple ways with you today. Once you apply these simple liver detoxing methods, you will feel:
- More energetic
If you want a clean and healthy liver, I recommend you do the following on in as needed basis.
1. Go on a juice diet – When you eat high processed foods that are full of sugar, carbs and chemicals, the liver has to work extra hard to do its job. That’s why it’s important that you give your liver a rest for 2-3 days. The best way to give your liver and digestive system a rest is to go on a juice fast and consume fruits, vegetables and healthy liquids. Not only will you be doing your liver a favor, but you will also be absorbing all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
2. Flush your liver – Liver flushing is one of the most popular ways to cleanse and detox your liver. Liver flushing is an ancient method that allows you to literally “flush” out toxins, parasites, gallstones and food by-products. A liver flush usually involves drinking or eating an eclectic mix of herbs, teas, juices and oils. It essentially takes 2-3 days of flushing your liver to have it working like normal again. However, it is imperative that you eat a diet that is full of organic fruits and cruciferous vegetables to keep your liver in good standing.
3. Try different herbs – While you don’t have to become an herbalist, there are a wide variety of herbs you can use together or alone to help your liver function properly. Some of the most popular herbs to detox your liver include but are not limited to the following:
- Milk Thistle – Contains powerful antioxidants that help repair a damaged liver due to toxins, alcohol, processed food and other detrimental substances.
- Fenugreek – Composed of powerful antioxidants that naturally cleanses the liver
- Yellow Dock – Is a strong blood purifying herb that is widely used in all parts of the world
- Licorice Root – Supports both digestive system and liver health
If you want to have more energy, absorb nutrients, and feel healthy all year round, it’s important that you detox your liver on a regular basis. Whether you are using herbs, going on a juice diet, or flushing your liver, you will feel healthier and sexier once your liver is properly functioning again.