You have a love/hate relationship with your hair. You wash it, style it, and even decorate it with stylish barrettes, pins and headbands. However, it seems like your hair does not love you that much. Nowadays, your hair is falling out, filled with dandruff and thinning. You are simply at a loss for words and you want to know what can be done to keep your mane thick, dandruff free, and full of life.
Why is your hair thin, falling out and full of dandruff in the first place?
I am happy to tell you that there is a natural solution to getting your hair looking its best just in time for Mother’s day or any special occasion. But, first you must understand the causes of your less than luxurious locks. Yes, it’s normal to lose about 50-100 strands of hair every day, and even more when you wash your hair. However, when its non-stop and you have more hair in your hand than your head— there’s a problem! So, here are some of the causes of thinning and falling hears include:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Excessive chemical use (Dying, bleaching, perms, etc.)
- Autoimmune diseases ( lupus)
- Thyroid issues
- Iron deficiency
- Improper hair care
- Extreme stress
What are some of the causes of dandruff?
As you can see, there is a myriad of factors that can cause your hair to fall out and become thinner than usual, but what about dandruff?
It’s no secret that dandruff is embarrassing, no wants flakes and flakes of dry scalp to be shown on their head or even worse; on their clothes! But what causes dandruff? There are many factors while dandruff is present, but the most common causes include:
- Dry skin
- Lack of routinely shampooing
- Fungus of the scalp
- Allergic/Sensitivity to certain hair care products
- Skin conditions (Psoriasis, eczema, etc.)
While there are many treatments for dandruff and thinning hair, they are usually filled with chemicals and foreign substances. Why not give your marvelous mane a natural solution? That’s where essential oils come in. Essential oils have been around for centuries and have been touted as the Holy Grail for allergies, skin conditions, respiratory infections, and even household cleaning products. So, it makes sense that essential oils be the natural solution for your less than perfect locks! You hair will be long and luxurious just in time for Mother’s day!
What essential oils are perfect for good looking and healthy hair?
Here are the essential oils you can use to treat your hair care woes naturally. You can make your own shampoo or use them as a moisturizer for your hair.
- Lavender– has regenerative properties as well as anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that can help stop dandruff in its tracks
- Rosemary- this is also has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties that has been used for centuries as an effective hair care treatment for dandruff
- Melaleuca- It is anti-fungal and can help keep the dandruff away
- Cypress Oil- stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair growth
- Thyme –Minimize hair loss
- Cedarwood-Reduces inflammation of the scalp while stimulating hair growth
- Eucalyptus oil– prevents dandruff and hair loss
It’s great that essential oils offer a topical solution; however, it’s also important to support your hair growth with foods and supplements you take internally. Remember to eat organic fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of water. This way you will not have only have great and healthy looking hair, but you will be healthy from the inside out! So this Mother’s day ask your kids and husband to treat you to healthier hair by getting essential oils!