Coconut oil can be used for so many things.
You can cook with it, it taste delicious and the health benefits are astounding!
Coconut oil is great in showers. It is a great cleanser as well as a moisturizer. You can also keep it on your nightstand as a feet moisturizer. There is a lot to be said for anything that is chemical free that we can use on our bodies. I who use coconut oil on my faces, daily
Coconut oil is great to massage into your scalp. It is nice for the hair and the skin.
Coconut oil is great in raw food recipes:
- You can use 1 tsp of coconut oil daily in your morning smoothie. It gives it such a nice texture and it is so good for you. (below)
- You can use coconut oil in raw protein bars. It gives them a lovely texture, flavor and holds them together nicely.
- You can use coconut oil in treats with chocolate, mushroom, chia pudding (for immunity and strength) with a teaspoon of coconut oil in to add smooth creaminess too.
- You can add coconut oil in hot tea with a pinch of raw cacao for a special treat as well.
- You can even use coconut oil with cashews and honey to make a delicious frosting.
Why use coconut oil?
Coconut oil has lauric acid, caprylic acid, capric acid. These acids give it antimicrobial, antifungal, antibacterial and antioxidant abilities. It is mostly saturated fat, 92% with a small percentage being mono unsaturated and poly unsaturated. Coconut oil is a good fat.
Benefits that are attributed to coconut oil include:
- Weight loss
- Heart disease
- Healing and infections
- Kidney stones
- Liver disease
- Bone loss
- Tooth decay
- Hormone regulation
“Coconut oil has fewer calories than any other fat source. Unlike the high-calorie, cholesterol-soaked, long-chain, saturated animal fats found in meat and dairy products, coconut cream and coconut oil are made of raw saturated fats containing mostly medium-chain fatty acids that the body can metabolize efficiently and convert to energy quickly.” (Wolfe, 2009)
Coconut oil also helps to regulate blood sugar. It is one fat that diabetics can eat without fear.
I’d like to share a funny story about coconut oil and weight loss is from the 1940′s. Coconut oil was used by some farmers to help fatten up their cows however; the opposite happened the cows actually became leaner.
Coconut oil is useful for bone and dental health because it improves calcium and magnesium absorption. This is good for dental health. It is especially beneficial to women who are at the age to develop osteoporosis.
Clean your teeth, first thing in the morning by doing oil pulling. My teeth got whiter and stop bleeding.
When you go to order or purchase your coconut oil this is what you should look for:
organic-raw-extra virgin-cold pressed.
There is also coconut water, shredded coconut and coconut butter!
Add coconut oil to your household, you will not be sorry!