Magical Leek Soup Kick-Off Weekend
Recipe and Instructions for Your First Two Day
The magical leek soup is a trick used by many of local French women for generations.
Leeks are a mild diuretic, and 48 hours or so of leek soup would provide immediate results to jump-start a cleanse.
Recipe for the Magical Leek Soup
- 2 lbs. leeks
- Water to cover in a large pot
- Clean leeks and rinse well to get rid of soil.
- Put leeks in a pot and cover with 5 cups of water. Bring to boil and simmer with no lid for 20-30 minutes. Keep the liquid to drink. Place the leeks in a bowl.
The juice is to be drunk warm every 2-3 hours, a cup at a time.
If you are hungry, have some of the leeks themselves, ½ cup at a time. Drizzle with a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Add chopped parsley if you wish.
This will be your nourishment for both days, until Sunday dinner, when you can have 4 oz. of meat or fish with two vegetables, steamed with a bit of butter or oil, and a piece of fruit.
- Leek has about the same properties as garlic, but to a lesser degree.
- It also stimulates appetite and helps to relieve congestion in the throat and respiratory passages.
- Leek makes a good, non-irritating diuretic.
- The crushed leaves can be used externally to ease the sting of insect bites.
- Leeks are good for keeping blood vessels elastic and preventing premature aging.
- Eating plenty of the Allium varieties, such as chives, garlic, leeks, etc. will result in intestinal worms being eliminated.
f you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program “Winter home cleanse for beautiful skin” Health, details here, http://adventureinwellbeing.com/shop/7-day-winter-cleanse-beautiful-skin/ where you will get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes that you can enjoy without guilt, and that will help rebuild your intestine.
Or join me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/AdventureInWellBeing8 where I’ll be sharing more information, tips and recipes to help you live a happier, healthier life.