Many people appreciate watermelon juice when it is dripping down their face while eating a watermelon slice at a barbecue, but this juice can also stand alone as a 1-Day Cleanse by drinking an 8 oz. glass every 2 hours.
1 cup of Watermelon juice:
- Contain high levels of vitamin C and vitamin A, roughly 30% and 25% of your daily requirement
- Contain potassium, dietary fiber, calcium, iron and 1.5 grams of protein.
- Contain only 70 calories in a cup of this juice.
- Contain antioxidants like lycopene, beta-carotene, amino acids, and flavonoids.
If this juice isn’t widely available in your area, it is quite simple to make your own watermelon juice at home.
- 1/2 seedless watermelon, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons of ginger, grated
Add the watermelon, ginger, and lemon juice in a blender.
Blend thoroughly until the consistency is smooth..
Store excess juice in an airtight jar or jug in the refrigerator.
Watermelon Juice Health Benefits
Watermelon juice helps prevent cancer, reduce inflammation, and aid weight loss. Other health benefits of watermelon juice include its ability to beautify the skin, optimize kidney health, improve digestive processes, and boost vision, among others.
This low-calorie and low-fat drinkcan still fill you up while providing metabolism-boosting compounds and other healthy antioxidants that can increase your fat-burning potential and aid in shedding those excess pounds.
Research has directly linked the active ingredients in watermelon juice to working against inflammatory compounds, called triterpenoids. The beta-caroteneand lycopene found in such high levels in this juice are to thank for its effects on arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Detoxifies the Body