Did you know that cranberries contain one of the highest concentrations of anti-oxidant of any fruit? They are among the fruits and vegetables richest in health-promoting antioxidants, which protect our cells from free-radical damage. Cranberries are on my shopping list this time of the year for many reasons, including their ability to:
- Cleanse the bladder
- Boost immunity
- Prevent and treat urinary tract infection
- May help prevent cancer
- Benefits digestion
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Decrease inflammation
The disease-fighting antioxidantsfound in cranberries outrank many other fruits and vegetables, including blueberries, spinach, broccoli and red grapes. This amazing fruit, which is sold fresh, frozen and dried, is commonly used in products like juices, sauces, jellies, baked goods and teas.
Here are my favorite recipes:
- 1 small bag of organic cranberries
- 5 apples
- 1 inch of ginger
Juice all together. Drink 4 oz first thing in the morning, follow with one quart of hot water.
- ½ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⅓ cups chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced, seeded chiles
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Add salt to pumpkin seeds
- Place cranberries in processor or blender and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add onions, cilantro and chiles.
- Whisk together honey and lime juice in another bowl.
- Add cranberry mixture and pumpkin seeds to lime juice mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice chips or almond flour crackers.
If you like to learn more about real food, great for your body, go to www.adventureinwellbeing.comand schedule your personal coaching session with me. It will change your life forever.