A detox bath is one of the easiest healing therapies we can do to facilitate our skin and body natural detoxification system.
- In the air we breathe
- The food we eat,
- The medications we take
- In the water we drink.
Toxins cause irritation, harm and destruction in the body if left unchecked.
Benefits of Detox Bath in your life
1. Help your body to efficiently flush out toxins
The more toxins we are exposed to, the harder the body has to work at eliminating them.
The list of toxins that could potentially harm our bodies is almost endless; many start their day with a hot shower, the water is contaminated with pollutants, the soap and shampoo is full of chemicals, the toothpaste has fluoride, from there we may have breakfast where the food has been treated with pesticides or even genetically modified.
We haven’t even left our house, yet we have been exposed to toxins. Even more alarming is our exposure to toxic substances is on the rise:
- 2,100 toxins, including pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and medications have been found in our water supply
- 80,000 metric tons of carcinogens are released into the air annually in North America
- Over 80% of food have genetically modified ingredients
- The EPA estimates the average US citizen has residues from over 400 toxic compounds in their body
- 82,000 chemicals are in use today in the US, but only a fourth have ever been tested for toxicity
While it is impossible to abolish our exposure to all toxins, we can reduce unnecessary exposure, as well as improve our body’s efficiency and ability to eliminate them.
2. Boosts your health and well-being, strengths your immune system and prevents dis-ease.
When metabolic waste from toxins builds up in our body, we are tox-sick. Functional medicine expert, Dr. Mark Hyman, puts it this way, “ If you feel lousy, it’s likely you’re toxic.”
It is important to enhance our body’s ability to detoxify and get rid of the waste, meanwhile minimizing our exposure to toxins. This is imperative for excellent health, as many of today’s modern diseases are related to toxicity.
The liver removes toxins and metabolic waste from the body by converting them to water-soluble compounds.
Once water-soluble they can be eliminated from the body through urine. Some waste products are not water-soluble and are transformed by the liver and excreted in the bile. The bile is then transported to the intestines where it exits the body through our bowels.
Toxins not eliminated or completely removed by either of these processes may be eliminated through our skin via our sweat.
3. Facilitate and enhance your body’s natural detoxification process.
Typically, a detox bath is made with Epsom salt also known as magnesium sulfate, which draws out toxins. It also:
- Ease stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Help muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulate activity of 325+ enzymes
- Help prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
- Reduce inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Improve oxygen use
- Flush toxins
- Improve absorption of nutrients
- Help form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins
- Help prevent and ease migraine headaches