Begin eating soft foods three days before your cleanse and continue this for three days after your cleanse. Food should never be too hot or too cold. Hot foods burn the stomach wall and cold foods paralyze the stomach and keep it from performing proper digestive functions. Your body needs the energy normally used for digestion to rejuvenate and rebuild itself. So treat your body as if it were on vacation. Give it a break. Let it rejuvenate and rebuild to its fullest potential. Try to buy and eat organic fruit and vegetables in season. They are best for you.
- Aloe Vera
- Fresh juice
- Fresh, soft fruit: papaya, mango, bananas, etc.
- Honey, agave nectar, or maple syrup as sweetener
- Coconut milk and young coconut “spoon meat”
- All juiced vegetables
- Noni fruit and juice
- Herb teas
- Baked and mashed potatoes (no skin!)
- Baked yams & squash (no skin!)
- Braggs liquid amino acids or Sea salts as seasoning
- Eggs (poached or boiled)
- Porridge (oatmeal, cream of wheat, rice cereal, grits, etc.)
- Grains (white rice, quinoa, millet well cooked)
- Legumes (beans, lentils, split peas)
- Soups: (bullion OK) fresh, homemade is best
- Vegetables VERY steamed or cooked in soup
- Miso soup
- Nut milks (soak and blend) almonds, pecans, and walnuts,
- grain milks (NO SOY)
- Nut butters (in moderation) NO PEANUTS
Drink a gallon of water each day to flush your kidneys and hydrate your body!