Today I want to talk about protecting our lungs during the big wild fires, happening in the North Bay.
With a cold, the flu and other respiratory conditions comes a cough, this keeps you up at night, and limit you breathing. Although so many people suffer from a cough every year, many are not aware of natural remedies that are so effective. Many turn to codeine, that’s a narcotic that can cause withdrawal symptoms like other opiates and constipates, when it’s overused.
Essential oils are a safe and effective way to get rid of your cough and other respiratory conditions for good. Some are antispasmodic, expectorant, antiviral and antibacterial.
4 Best Essential Oils for your lungs
These essential oils for lungs and coughs are effective in 4 ways:
- They help by killing toxins, viruses or bacteria
- Loosen mucus
- Relax the muscles of the respiratory system
- Allow oxygen to get into the lungs
1. Eucalyptus is an expectorant, helping to cleanse the body of the microorganisms and toxins that make you tox-sick.
The best way to use eucalyptus oil as an essential oil for cough is to diffuse 5drops, before bed. Also, you can apply 2 drops on chest and neck to reduce coughing.
2. Peppermint is great for sinus congestion. It’s also able to relieve a scratchy throat that makes you dry cough.
The best way use this oil is to diffuse 5 drops at home, at work, inhale it directly from the bottle or apply 2-3 drops to chest, back of neck and temples. Combine with coconut oil and create a vapor rub. Do not rub your eyes.
3. Rosemary has a relaxing effect on your tracheal smooth muscle. Help asthma and is a natural immune booster.
The best way to use this oil for your cough is to diffuse or put on your feet, 5 drops and combine with coconut oil as a chest rub. Not for children under 2 or pregnant women.
4. Lemon is well known to boost immune system and support lymphatic drainage to overcome a cold quickly, by improving blood flow and reducing swelling in lymph nodes.
The best way to use lemon oil is to diffuse 5 drops at home, work or school and even add it to eucalyptus. Add 1 drop of a high quality, pure grade oil to the bottom of a glass of drinking water. For cough and sore throat add 2 drops to a cup of warm water and honey.
This is amazing!
We are finally seeing the shift in healthcare! Just announced in New York, Blue Cross Blue Shield is now allotting funds for patients to purchase DoTerra essential oils in order to live a healthier lifestyle! See more here: https://www.bcbswny.com/content/wny/member-services/benefits/wellness-card/info.html
It’s Doterra’s commitment to purity, efficacy and safety that is allowing this monumental change. We are the only essential oil company backed by hospitals and medical professionals. Essential oil is not a fad or a trend. This is plant based, sustainable powerful medicine.
If you have been on the fence about how to get started, schedule now a free 30 minute consultation on the phone or the office by calling 707-545-2423 or go to www.adventureinwellbeing.com. I would love to discuss your options and how we can truly nurture whole health. This is just the beginning!